New York Yankees outfielder/designated hitter Giancarlo Stanton might be lost for the remainder of the season because of a new calf strain.
Yankees manager Aaron Boone delivered the news Saturday after Stanton sustained a “moderate” left calf strain after falling while running the bases during his rehab earlier this week. Stanton had been recovering from a right calf strain after playing just 24 games this season.
Boone said Stanton will continue to rehab both injuries.
“We’re not ruling anything out,” Boone said. “He’ll obviously continue to work to try to get it right and hopefully be available. But obviously we’re at a point in the calendar where it gets challenging, but you also never know.”
Stanton, 36, has endured multiple setbacks while recovering from a right calf strain sustained on April 24. He was running the bases in June, when the injury flared up.
“Obviously I’m bummed for him,” Boone said. “He’s been working his tail off every day here trying to get this thing right. I think you all know how badly he wants to be on that field contributing to a championship, so obviously that’s disappointing. Hopefully we just continue to work to get him right and healthy.”
Stanton was batting .256 with three home runs, six doubles and 14 RBIs.
–Field Level Media








Comments