North Dakota State University's architecture program is marking 100 years of classes. The program was founded in 1914 when a mechanical arts faculty member organized a few classes for a handful of students. It became accredited in 1971. The department currently has 22 full-time faculty members at other instructors at the school's downtown facility. A centennial celebration is scheduled for Oct. 17-18, highlighted by a gala at the Plains Arts Museum.