Roommates, we've all had to deal with them. Some are better than others, some start out as your closest friends, but by the time the lease is up you just can't stand them. For the most part, my current roommate is ok - but I've noticed that nearly all my roommates over the years have done the exact same annoying things and I don't think they realize they're even doing them. Below is my list of things your roommate hates about YOU!
5 Things Your Roommate Hates About YOU!
- You Get in the Shower Right Before I Need It
- It doesn't matter that I've had the same schedule for 4 months, it never fails YOU will somehow jump in the shower literally right before I need it! That 10 mins I thought I had to get ready becomes 10 mins of worrying if I'll even have time to shower or if I'll be late for work or school...I doubt you do it on purpose, but as soon as you casually wander out from the relaxing shower you got to take I'm in freakout mode trying to hurry and I've all but given up on washing my hair...
- You Watch The Worst TV Shows
- We all have different interests and that's more apparent everyday when I have to suffer through literally the worst tv shows with YOU. Look we're friends, I want to spend time relaxing and hanging out with you, but your tv tastes are driving me to my room! That documentary about pig farmers in NYC...not that interesting - can't we for once just watch The Voice! like regular people???
- You Hit Snooze Way Too Many Times
- We don't even share a room together, in fact your room is on the other side of the apartment, but I can hear your alarm every time you hit snooze! So you set the alarm an hour before you actually needed to get up - I get it - I like to sleep in a little too...but I'm not waking everyone up with the loudest and most annoying robot ringtone you bought on iTunes for 99 cents every day! Cut it out - hit snooze like once or twice!
- You Always Want to Talk When I'm Busy
- Just because we're both in the same living space doesn't mean we need to spend every waking minute together. It seems like every time I'm trying to study or do homework you want to talk. You walk into my room and tell me all about everything going on in your life...you should realize the door was closed for a reason! Should I send you a bill for the class I'm going to have to re-take because you wouldn't let me study when I needed to?
- You Constantly Pay Me Back - LATE
- A roommate is a necessity for only one reason, we spread the financial burden of living equally. So when the electric/rent/water/etc. bill is due and I pay for it YOU should pay your half immediately. It sucks when I have to wait a week for you to give me your half! Remember when you went out on Thursday night with all our friends, but I stayed home - yeah, I couldn't afford to go because YOU hadn't paid me back yet! Get it together!