If your fridge is like mine, it’s still bursting at the seams with Thanksgiving leftovers. Now before you throw out those last few scraps because you’re sick of turkey on turkey on mashed potatoes for the umpteenth time - I've got a simple and quick recipe that will utilize all your thanksgiving left overs and your taste buds will thank you because with a few added ingredients you’ll feel like you've finally beaten that Thanksgiving leftover blues.
Thanksgiving Leftover Lasagna
- 1 box of lasagna noodles
- 2-3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups leftover stuffing
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 8 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ½ cups turkey gravy
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Stir in your lasagna noodles. Cook the pasta, stirring occasionally. (Note: you can also use No Boil Lasagna noodles to save on time)
- Place Turkey & Stuffing in a food processor and pulse until finely ground and combined. Place the ground turkey and stuffing mixture in the bowl of a stand mixer along with mashed potatoes, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise & 4 cups of mozzarella cheese. Mix until well blended. (Note: if you don't have a stand mixer you can use an electric hand mixer, just be sure you cover the bowl with aluminium foil so you don't shoot thanksgiving leftovers all over yourself & your kitchen)
- Place your cooked lasagna noodles and cover the bottom of your 9x13 inch baking dish. Add a layer of your turkey mixture onto your lasagna noodles, then drizzle 1/2 a cup of gravy over the top. Top the layer off with 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat step 4 by adding another layer of noodles, turkey mixture, gravy and cheese.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover and cook for an additional 10 minutes until top is browned and bubbly. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Let me know how you liked it in the comments below. btw - I threw nearly every leftover I had in the mixture including green beans & some sweet potatoes just for some extra kick and I knew I wouldn't eat them otherwise. ;)